HAGE - NATUR - URTER - HÅNDARBEID - HISTORIE - MYTOLOGI
GARDENING - NATURE - HERBS - CRAFTING - HISTORY - MYTHOLOGY

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Herbs and flowers.

Litt gjort med urter i slutten av juni.
Det har vært mye regn i juni, men på dagene med sol har jeg fått kost meg med å lage litt av blomster og urter fra hagen min.

Some things done with herbs at the end of June.
We have had so much rain in June, but on the sunny days I have enjoyed picking and processing flowers and herbs.


Svarthyllbuskene er ikke så store enda, men det er mye blomster på dem i år så jeg fikk plukket 30 blomsterklaser og laget hylleblomstsaft.
Det var fortsatt noen blomsterklaser igjen på buskene, og jeg håper det skal bli noen bær til høsten også :)


The elder bushes in my garden are still small, yet there are lots of flowers on them. I picked 30 flowerheads to make elderflower cordial.
There are still some flowers left on the bushes, so I hope for berries in autumn also :)






2,5 liter ferdig hylleblomstsaft.

2,5 litres of finished elderflower cordial.



Jeg plukker og tørket rosekronblader.
Her kronblader av rosa rugosa, som dufter nydelig.
De tørkede kronbladene skal jeg bruke til potpourri og rosenvann...


I keep picking and drying rose petals.
Here are petals of rosa rugosa, which are lovely scented.
I will use the dried petals for potpourri and rose water... 


...og til hjemmelaget roseolje.
Jeg lager roseolje av tørkede rosekronblader og mandelolje.

...and for rose oil infusion.
Which is easily made from dried rose petals and sweet almond oil.



Løvehale-tinktur.

Motherwort tincture.



Oreganoen er fin i år.
I hagen har jeg flere forskjellige typer oregano, og jeg høster litt og litt og tørker i omganger. Dette skal bli pizzakrydder til vinteren.

The oregano is looking very fine this summer.
In my garden I have several varieties of oregano, and I harvest and dry little by little. This will be pizza spice in winter.



Og jordbærene begynner å bli modne. Nam!
Dette er de første jeg høstet inn fra jordbærbedet, og det er mange flere på vei til å modnes :)

And the strawberries are turning red. Yummi!
These are the first ones I picked from the strawberry bed, and there are lots more to follow :)


12 comments:

karisma said...

So much loveliness in one post. Your elder flowers make me happy and a little sad at the same time. My husband took it upon himself several weeks back to remove most of my elder which had taken over half the yard. She was not happy and neither was I. :-( He left one large part and did not dig up the roots. :-) She is making a comeback. LOL That will teach him. While I have enough flowers to last me till next year I will not get enough berries to be of use I think.

Thanks for the beautiful post and making me smile. hugs xox

Dc said...

What a fantastic post Hilde. I love doing things with herbs and spices although I have let it slip lately. I didn't make any elderflower cordial this year as we have hardly had a dry day to pick any. However, I freeze mine in small plastic bottles and still have a total of a litre in the freeze.

This is the first year for my strawberries and we are only getting a few which I am having to pick early as they keep rotting! Ah we,, next year maybe.

Marylene said...

Looks very yummy :)
I'm looking forward to the elderberries too. Here the flowers are all washed away with the incescent rain.
Thanks Hilde, have a nice day :)

A wondering star said...

Fantastisk inspirerende innlegg, Hilde!
Fristende jordbær og urter. Hva dufter bedre enn roseolje?
Endelig er den Svarthyllbusken; jeg plantet for tre ar siden, full av kart. Tror jeg planter to nye til høsten. Bærene er på antioksydant-toppen.
Ha en fin dag!
klem

Reginas Cottage said...

hello hilde,
love elderflowers.....i have made elderflower-jelly.i am looking forward to the elderberries,too.your oregano looks nice,also your strawberries.
thanks for the wonderful post.
wish you a nice day,
love regina

Kristín Hrund said...

What a wonderful post Hilde! Beautiful pictures and so much inspiration! I´ll have to try to make my own rose-oil too! :-) Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Yael said...

Hi, garden, flowers and herb fairy!
I so admire you! :-)

Yael said...

Ah, did you try the flowers deep fried dunked in a mixture of flour eggs and beer? :-)

Mrs Thrifty said...

Oh how lovely Hilde - the elderflower cordial looks divine. An elderly neighbour of mine used to make elderflower champagne - that was good too. xx

Anne said...

What a bumper crop you have managed to harvest Hilde. I have never tasted elderflower cordial, I am obviously missing a treat!

Heidi said...

Your pics are so beautiful. You have been quite busy. I am also just drying my herbs right now. The greek oregano is very fragrant this year, the italian one not so...Happy gardening.

Eldbjørg said...

Så mye fint og deilig du lager fra hagen din. Herlig! Her står forresten den nye jordbærhagen i blomst. Den som jeg laget i slutten av mai. Det er vanlig å få modne bær i august her. Ellers har jeg en malesommer så det blir lite gjort i hagen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...